Tagung: „Sharing is caring – Hamburg extension”
Conference on collaboration in the GLAM sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums)
Sharing is Caring, a conference on collaboration in the GLAM sector Denmark, is spreading to other countries and the first edition outside Denmark took place in Hamburg, Germany on 20.-21. April 2017 at the Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg and at the University of Hamburg, Institute for Cultural Anthropology.
As digitization has become a major task for the cultural heritage sector, more and more cultural institutions are providing access to their digitized collections. But sharing is not only about creating online access, it is about sharing the authority to interpret the digitized assets and to create value by opening them up for reuse. How can opening up result in a mutual benefit for institutions as well as for their audiences and society? And what are the challenges on the way like copyright, institutional policies and not to forget the expectation of the users? The first edition of the Sharing is Caring conference outside Denmark, the Hamburg extension, will aim to answer these questions. We will hear from international experts, practitioners and artists about their research and experiences taking open access to a new level of participatory engagement.
Organised by: Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg, Universität Hamburg
- Closing Ceremony & Wrap Up21.04.2017
- Panel Discussion21.04.2017
- Simon Tanner: OpenGLAM – the Cultural, Social and Academic Importance of Sharing21.04.2017
- Andrea Wallace: Policies and Practices in Sharing Culture: Do It for the Users21.04.2017
- Merete Sanderhoff: How Starting Small Can Change the (Museum) World20.04.2017
- Opening Reception: Antje Schmidt, Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg20.04.2017
- Opening Reception: Gertraud Koch, University of Hamburg20.04.2017
- Opening Reception: Carsten Brosda, Minister of Culture and Media, Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg20.04.2017
- Opening Reception: Sabine Schulze, Director of Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg20.04.2017